- 1825 TX-146, Dayton, TX 77535, USA
Roll-Lift USA, Inc.
Immediate Supervisor: Crane Manager
Functional Relationships: Site Supervisor, Crane Operator, Rigger
Under limited supervision, the A&D Technician performs work of considerable difficulty in the assembly and disassembly of Roll-Lift USA crane equipment and on occasion third party equipment. This position will be responsible for overseeing the assembly and disassembly of RLUSA’s crane fleet and directing a crew of crane operators and riggers to ensure correct equipment, positioning, and rigging have been utilized.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiar with the instructions and sequence of the crane's assembly/disassembly
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of LHE's (Load Handling Equipment such as cranes, gantry systems, etc.), rigging, and safe load handling procedures.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting various equipment lines including but not limited to Manitowoc, Grove, Terex, and Liebherr cranes.
- Capable of communicating effectively and professionally with supervisors and other personnel.
- Must have knowledge and competency in regards to the OSHA requirements
- Detailed knowledge of heavy lifting and heavy hauling technologies
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork oriented
This position will oversee the crane operator and rigger while performing A&D work, but otherwise has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites such as fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position eligible for overtime. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM including a one hour lunch break, unless assigned to a project in which case the project will govern the working hours. This position must also be available to work weekends, evenings, and occasionally early mornings depending on project requirements.
Travel for this position will be required based on needed assembly/disassembly of equipment.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum three years of previous related experience; vocational training may be considered in lieu of experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Possess a TWIC license or be able to acquire license prior to assignment
- Must have a clean driving record
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.