- 1825 TX-146, Dayton, TX 77535, USA
Roll-Lift USA, Inc.
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Operations
Functional Relationships: Maintenance Administrator, Crane Manager, Specialized Equipment Manager
Under limited supervision, the mechanic position performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of Roll-Lift USA equipment and on occasion third party equipment and company fleet vehicles. This position will be responsible for working within both the crane and transportation side of our fleet divisions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Utilization of Excel to track maintenance reports, time, etc.
- Trained and able to read hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical schematics.
- Trained and able to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems involving hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or electrical issues.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting various equipment lines including but not limited to Manitowoc, Grove, Terex, and Liebherr cranes and Scheuerle and Nooteboom trailers.
- Capable of communicating effectively and professionally with supervisors and other personnel.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Teamwork oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites such as fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position eligible for overtime. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM including a one-hour lunch break, unless assigned to a project in which case the project will govern the working hours. This position will also be available to work weekends, evenings, and occasionally early mornings depending on needed repairs.
Travel will be required based on needed repairs.
Education and Experience
Minimum five years of previous related experience; vocational training may be considered in lieu of experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Possess a TWIC license or be able to acquire license prior to assignment
- Must have a clean driving record
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.