- 1825 TX-146, Dayton, TX 77535, USA
Roll-Lift USA, Inc.
Roll Group is an international company specialized in engineered heavy lifting and transport solutions on both sea and land. The project accountant is responsible for managing the project budgeting, billing and collections function for the land division and reports to the Finance Director. The successful candidate has a Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited institution and 2 or more years of accounting experience, preferably in a project organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Administers invoice submission to customers in cooperation with project manager
2. Monitor completeness of billing to customers
3. Implement invoice collections and dunning process
4. Reporting on overdue receivables to management
5. Initiate process improvements for billing and collection process
6. Project budgeting and forecasting in cooperation with project manager
7. Variance analysis on project costs and revenues for monthly reporting
8. Ensure project-related records, such as contracts and change orders are up to date
9. Close out project accounts upon project completion
10. Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
11. Provide support to Management on ad-hoc project requests
1. Analytical and critical thinking skills
2. High level of accuracy, attention to detail
3. Eager to learn
4. Teamwork oriented
5. Advanced knowledge of Excel
6. Pro-active, hands-on mentality
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including a one-hour lunch break. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Our main office is located in Dayton, Texas.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance, use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to travel if/when required.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other relevant field
2. Minimum 2 years previous project accounting experience
3. Proficient in Excel
4. Knowledge of project contracts and change order documents
5. High attention to detail
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.