- Fascinatio Boulevard 1242, 2909 VA Capelle aan den IJssel, Netherlands
The Technical Superintendent is responsible for the planning and execution of all technical maintenance of our current fleet and future vessels. Takes action in case of (un) expected developments in planning and execution of repair and maintenance projects. You ensure that our ships comply with the rules and class requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with RollDock safety practices and procedures
- Daily monitoring, support and follow-up of planned and break down maintenance
- Closely monitors the planned maintenance system onboard and makes sure that the required updates are made
- Monitors survey cycles, statutory survey requirements and carry out surveys physically on board. Maintains validity of class, international, national and specific certificates.
- Prepare and maintain yearly budgets for assigned vessel
- Draws timely attention of principals to areas where costs might be expected and which are additional to the budget;
- Advises the ships under control on the budget as well as the actual costs for the technical items. Reduces costs by motivating the ship's staff, improving cost awareness by regularly advising them on cost of stores and spares ordered;
- Maintains and keeps the technical documentation, records, reports etc up to date and organised.
- Maintains an effective and efficient communication line with the ships, operators commercial operators
- Regular visits to the vessels. Checks and controls conditions of machinery, structural integrity of the ship, safety and navigational equipment, records and reports on same. Makes suggestions for improvement of shore-based and ship-based procedures;
- Monitors the implementation and maintenance of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards;
- Supervises repair / conversion jobs, including dry-dockings
- Check/ approve invoices for stores, repairs, lub oil, spares and stores. Give Technical Support to the Purchase department
- Support the operations department when adjustments to the vessel are necessary for certain cargo’s
- Follow-up of damages, incl. financial closing with insurance companies
- Reports to the Technical director
- Ensuring the completeness of the list of emission sources in the Daily Ships Report (DSR)
- Independent en analytical
- Knowledge of MS office software
- Knowledge of relevant maintenance program (e.g.STAR-IPS)
- Education: Higher Vocational Education (HTS/MTS Werktuigbouwkunde, scheepsbouwkunde or scheepswerktuigkunde ) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in similar position
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing (Dutch and English)
- Willingness to travel
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic and growing company.
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities.
- Excellent remuneration package, pension and various insurances.
Interested? Please send your application via the button on the right, attn.: of Linda Vos-de Wit. For info you can contact her at: +31(0)102701450.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this or other vacancies is not appreciated