Senior VFX Animation Artist Freelance
- Department: Freelance
Repeatedly voted one of Montreal’s Top Employers and Employer of the Year for the 2022 Mercuriades Awards, Rodeo FX is a high-end creative company offering services in visual effects, advertising, animation, and experiential.
Nominated for 3 Emmy® Awards for its work on the series Stranger Things season 4, The Witcher season 2 and Foundation season 1, the independent, Oscar®-winning company boasts close to 800 artists.
Rodeo FX is a creative partner to the world’s best storytellers including Netflix, HBO, Disney, Marvel, Amazon Studios, Warner Bros. and Sony, and has collaborated on ads for YouTube, NBC and Apple. Current projects include Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, Resident Evil, Halo, and Stranger Things season 4. Recently released projects include Dune, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, WandaVision and The Witcher season 2, all earning nominations at the 2022 VES awards.
As a company founded and led by an artist, it is creativity above all that guides us. Our mission is to provide our talents with the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and thrive in a stimulating, caring environment. This is why we offer a flexible, hybrid and remote work structure in all our locations.
** We are looking for senior VFX animators in facial animation and body mechanics animation**
The Freelance Animation Artist creates hyper-realistic animation for creatures, characters and objects, ensuring to meet the high quality standards of Rodeo FX.
- Develop performance and movement for a variety of creatures, animals, characters and objects ;
- Work closely with the Animation Lead and Supervisor to find creative and technical solutions and approaches that enhance shots, while meeting project specifications and deadlines ;
- May participate in the development of tools and techniques for the department ;
- Perform quality control on shots before they are submitted for review/approval, ensuring all technical and creative standards are met, and promptly apply notes received ;
- Keep Production and the project team informed of the status of work, issues to be resolved, ramifications of problems encountered and recommend potential solutions ;
- Ensure deadlines are met, advising the project team promptly if delays could be expected.
- Experience in a similar position, within the VFX industry ;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya software ;
- Good knowledge of body mechanics and facial animation ;
- Excellent sense of prioritization and respect of deadlines.
Diversity is a core value at Rodeo FX. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment where diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe every member on our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to perceive and interact with the world, identify challenges, and to design and deliver projects.