- Department: 3D
Repeatedly voted one of Montreal’s Top Employers and Employer of the Year for the 2022 Mercuriades Awards, Rodeo FX is a high-end creative company offering services in visual effects, advertising, animation, and experiential.
Nominated for 3 Emmy® Awards for its work on the series Stranger Things season 4, The Witcher season 2 and Foundation season 1, the independent, Oscar®-winning company boasts close to 800 artists.
Rodeo FX is a creative partner to the world’s best storytellers including Netflix, HBO, Disney, Marvel, Amazon Studios, Warner Bros. and Sony, and has collaborated on ads for YouTube, NBC and Apple. Current projects include Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, Resident Evil, Halo, and Stranger Things season 4. Recently released projects include Dune, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, WandaVision and The Witcher season 2, all earning nominations at the 2022 VES awards.
As a company founded and led by an artist, it is creativity above all that guides us. Our mission is to provide our talents with the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and thrive in a stimulating, caring environment. This is why we offer a flexible, hybrid and remote work structure in all our locations.
The FX Artist will produce various abstract, photorealistic effects and physically accurate simulations, ensuring to meet the high quality standards of Rodeo FX.
- Produce various photorealistic simulations of smoke, clouds, dust, explosions, fires and water;
- Create organic and rigid body simulations, particles and fluids;
- Create abstract visual effects using various methods to match a concept;
- Work closely with the CG and FX Supervisors to find creative and technical solutions and approaches that enhance shots, while meeting project specifications and deadlines;
- May participate in the development of tools and techniques for the department;
- Perform quality control on shots before they are submitted for review/approval, ensuring all technical and creative standards are met, and promptly apply notes received;
- Keep Production and the project team informed of the status of work, issues to be resolved, ramifications of problems encountered and recommend potential solutions;
- Ensure deadlines are met, advising the project team promptly if delays could be expected.
- Experience in a similar position, within the VFX industry;
- Excellent understanding of proceduralism and SideFX Houdini knowledge (sop, flip, pyro, rbd, vellum);
- Good knowledge of Nuke and Arnold;
- Good sense of physics and timing;
- Excellent sense of prioritization and respect of deadlines.
- Full-time, Permanent Contract ;
- Flexible, hybrid and remote work structure in all our locations ;
- 5 paid sick/personal days ;
- 2 additional statutory holidays in the winter holidays ;
- Group Insurance, access to Dialogue online support and to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) ;
- RRSP with employer contribution ;
- Discounts on public transports, several spas, sports classes, art center, cafes, furniture and several other local businesses.
Diversity is a core value at Rodeo FX. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment where diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe every member on our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to perceive and interact with the world, identify challenges, and to design and deliver projects.