CG Artist - Rigging
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Rigging
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
- The artist must be able to create 3D rigs for different types of objects, vehicles, animals and characters;
- Be able to work with the visual effects supervisor and Lead CG to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches;
- Create tool and simple script needed to manufacture rigs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a rigging artist in a VFX studio;
- Has a solid knowledge and understanding of the principles of anatomy and facial expression;
- Knowledge of traditional 2D and 3D animation techniques, an asset;
- Knowledge the anatomy for bipeds, quadrupeds, skeletons and muscles;
- Knowledge of basic modeling tools for blend shapes;
- Knowledge of basic animation tools for the creation of animation test deformation;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya;
- Experience in programming using Python, PySide, PyQT, VEX;
- Experience in programming using C++ for Maya plug-ins, an asset;
- Knowledge of 3D mathematics, an asset;
- Knowledge of Houdini, an asset;
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving.