Lead Creature FX
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Creature FX
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
We’re looking for a CFX lead to guide and develop our team and act as a mentor to our artists. You will need to assess the skills and the level of each member of your team and be able to allocate workloads accordingly. You’ll also work closely with the supervisor to determine the best methods and workflow for each of your projects.
- Creation of photo-realistic creatures’ setup; including cloth, fur, hair, feathers, muscle and skin;
- Act like a mentor to inspire and motivate the artists;
- Assist the cfx supervisor in developing the talent and culture of the team;
- Work closely with the visual effect’s supervisor, and the CG supervisor to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline;
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets;
- Ensures that the CFX output is clean and tech checked when handed over to downstream depts;
- Create project specific guidelines if needed, and communicates them to the team in a clear, well documented way. (prerolls, tool guidelines, specific assets …);
- Filters only the necessary production information to the team and defuses stress;
- Ensures that Rodeo quality standards are met.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in a VFX studio ;
- 2 + years of experience as a Lead ;
- Strong Houdini background ;
- Expertise with the following types of dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle ;
- Experience with shot modeling ;
- Experience with groom ;
- Knowledge in Python and VEX (A plus) ;
- Knowledge in Katana (A plus).
PROFILE & SKILLS
- Enthusiastic with a creative mind ;
- Autonomous with a good sense of initiative ;
- Diligent and rigorous with strong attention to details ;
- Comfortable in a changing environment and under pressure ;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills ;
- Dynamic work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration ;
- Ability to solve problems ;
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines.
- Permanent Contract
- Full Time