VFX Project Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Production
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Production
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
Rodeo FX is looking for a project manager with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the visual effects industry. The candidate must have leadership, attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills. The Project Manager is assigned a film and will work with the VFX Producer, VFX Coordinators and Supervisor to ensure that production is on schedule and on budget.
- Works with Producer to ensure that project scheduling and budget requirements are met in every department involved;
- Schedule milestones and plan ahead to ensure that weekly deliverables and milestones will be met;
- Make plan with Head of Departments, Producers and Coordinators to resolve any production issues, and manage any related impact on schedule and overtime;
- Work with Head of Department and Supervisors to distribute tasks and establish deadlines to artists, ensuring that assignments are varied for optimum performance and are distributed according to individual abilities and pipeline steps;
- Create and maintain reports that clearly illustrate department and individual artist productivity, ensuring that data provided is accurate and valid, following company-established methodology;
- Perform frequent walk-around to check in with crew and production staff, and ensure resolution of any issues that arise by communicating with Producers and Supervisors;
- Collaborate with Head of Department and production staff to ensure that the complexity of work is consistent with initial estimates, and flag issues as needed;
- Evaluate workload to ensure that the delivery schedule is realistic and plan accordingly;
- Anticipate potential production problems and take the initiative in finding solutions;
- Participate in client approval meetings to make sure that they are running in accordance with studio's procedures;
- Supervise the work of VFX Coordinators and Production Assistants;
- Take part in weekly production meeting to represent your project;
- Create reports to show progress on your show and flag potential issues that may arise;
- Verify artist's time logs and is responsible for OT approval for his project;
- Be ready to participate in training required by the management.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of production experience, preferably in visual effects for film;
- Post-secondary education in film production or related field;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Shotgun;
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem solving;
- Must be fluent in English, spoken and written. Bilingual, an asset.