- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Pipeline
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Pipeline
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Software Team is looking for a pipeline developer to help create and maintain our new USD based pipeline.
This position requires a good understanding of a VFX or Animation pipeline and the ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team of developers. The position is for our Montreal studio. Working with the R&D and pipeline teams, you will be in charge of the following:
- Developing tools, in Python, for our in-house applications and also for DCCs such as Maya, Houdini, Katana
- Implementing robust and easy to maintain code.
- Participating in the complete software development life-cycle; designing, supporting and maintaining software
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in VFX Pipelines
- Proficient in python 2.x/3.x and/or C++
- Experience working on scripts and command line applications (Unix)
- Experience of Linux operating systems.
- Experience of application development life-cycle using Agile methodologies
- Comfortable with Git version control and Jira ticketing systems a plus
- Degree in computer science, math or engineering
- Previous experience supporting a CG pipeline using in-house softwares and open source libraries like Alembic, USD or in-house technologies.
- Comfortable with project tracking software like Shotgun, Ftrack or Tactic
- Database knowledge is a benefit
- Experience in developing extensions for renderer such as Arnold or Prman a bonus
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with build systems like CMake or Scons
- Working experience with nuke , RV and editorial