Intermediate Creature FX
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Creature FX
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Creation of photo-realistic creatures setup ; including cloth, fur, hair, feathers, muscle and skin.
- Ability to run simulation in shots and to address any notes.
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques.
- Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor in a VFX School ;
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a CFX role on CG creature projects ;
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini ;
- Experience with some of the following types of dynamic simulation : cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle, shot modeling ;
- Experience of creating simulation setups for specific production needs ;
- Knowledge in Python, VEX and Katana would be a plus.
PROFIL & SKILLS :
- Enthusiastic with a creative mind ;
- Autonomous with a good sense of initiative ;
- Diligent and rigorous with strong attention to details ;
- Comfortable in a changing environment and under pressure ;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills ;
- Dynamic work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration ;
- Ability to solve problems ;
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines.
- Permanent Contract ;
- Full Time ;
- Collective Insurance.