- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Human Resources
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Human Resources
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Training Manager is passionate about keeping Rodeo FX a great learning environment for artists, production teams and support teams in all spheres related to our growing industry. He or she fosters an education culture which pushes the organisation forward. The Training Manager stays up to date on the best practices related to Adult Education and brings added value to the organisation by recommending creative and innovative ways to elevate the skills of all Rodeo FX employees.
The Training Manager is responsible for leading all training initiatives at Rodeo FX and will develop well-structured, pertinent and interesting training and learning paths for all Rodeo FX employees.
This involves everything from building the training strategy and structure required to support training initiatives across the organisation, including proper planning, delivery and documentation of training for all employees.
- Develop and implement a training strategy, framework and structure for all training at Rodeo FX, in collaboration with the Head of HR and the training committee;
- Develop and implement training policies, procedures and processes to support training initiatives;
- Lead the selection and implementation of a Learning Management System. Ensure it is continually optimized, updated with new training offerings and provides management with timely and accurate reports;
- Build out a content roadmap and learning paths by employee life cycle stage and department or speciality;
- Recommend innovative and creative training initiatives in line with business needs;
- Oversee the development and delivery of all training at Rodeo FX, regardless of the format (ex. self-training, classroom, online, external, etc.);
- Lead the development of our yearly Ranch internship program;
- Chair training committee meetings, ensuring meetings are efficient and aligned with Rodeo FX’s objectives;
- Document training across the organisation, tracking training completion and assessing the effectiveness of training. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual government reports;
- Develop an annual training plan for Rodeo, aligned with organizational objectives, along with an associated budget, for executive approval;
- Ensure budgets are established for each training initiative and monitor budgets on an ongoing basis. Analyze deviations and ensure that costs remain within estimates;
- Oversee the work of the Training Coordinator, ensure alignment with training priorities, and an efficient administration and organization of training activities.
- Degree in a relevant field such as education, training and development management, or film, cinema or other related degree;
- 10 years of experience in Training Management in a corporate environment, including 3 years in a similar position;
- Experience designing curriculums for a variety of creative and non-creative professionals;
- Experience in a creative or technology industry. Experience in VFX is a strong asset;
- Experience in adult education is a strong asset;
- Strong knowledge of LMS Systems. Experience in LMS implementation is a strong asset;
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written in French and English.