- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Production
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Production
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Executive Producer’s primary role is to act as an intermediary between the client and the Production Team on all awarded opportunities, ensuring that the client’s requirements are met, that any changes or additional direction is clearly communicated to the production team, all while representing the interests of Rodeo FX.
Responsible for the management of various production teams, they will oversee the production from start to finish and work to ensure respect of timelines, client artistic and technical requirements, budgets, payment, and project delivery.
- Responsible for all awarded projects from start to finish, overseeing all aspects of creation and production, ensuring that the client’s vision and requirements are being respected by the Production and VFX teams;
- Communicate all key information to VFX Producers and VFX Supervisors to maintain the profitability and creative vision of awarded projects such as schedules, bidding history, delivery expectations, creative expectations and any other work done during the bidding process;
- Oversee the assignment of key talent to projects, ensuring the right mix of skills and experience to meet the project requirements;
- Act as a liaison with the client throughout the project, communicating any client modifications to the Rodeo FX team on a timely basis. Communicate with clients on any major financial, scheduling or other matters, working to maintain a positive relationship even in difficult circumstances;
- Ensure that each project has clear objectives, set performance indicators and milestones. Monitor project performance on an ongoing basis, including respect of set timelines, resource allocation, approval of overtime and ensure that projects meet Rodeo FX’s high-quality standards;
- Ensure regular communication with production, creative and technical teams, ensuring complex information is disseminated and tracked appropriately and to monitor overall progress;
- Assist production, department heads and supervisors solve issues as they arise during production;
- Perform mid and post-mortem meetings and assessments, identify areas for improvement and ensure that all issues are addressed. Communicate external & internal feedback;
- In collaboration with other Executive Producers, establish common standards of practice and encourage the sharing of best practices across departments.
Operations and Financial Management
- Monitor the budget for all projects at predetermined milestones, analyze deviations and ensure that costs remain within estimates. Discuss any discrepancies with the relevant team, seeking solutions to keep the project on time and within budget;
- Oversee project invoicing, ensuring it is done in adherence with the client contract and monitor that revenue and gross margins meets expectations. Monitor collections, advising Senior Management of any issues;
- Negotiate major changes with clients, including changes to schedules, scope of work, etc;
- Provide guidance and leadership to drive continuous improvement, make recommendations of best practices, design processes to increase efficiency and ensure implementation. Continually search for new means of reducing operational costs, without sacrificing efficiency and quality;
- Assess the cost-benefit of outsourcing versus having services provided in-house and make appropriate recommendations.
- Communicate the corporate vision and objectives to his/her teams, ensuring individual and/or team responsibility for results are clearly understood;
- Ensure his/her team is staffed with the appropriate balance of skills and experience and work with the VP Production to ensure that it is positioned to meet the company’s current and planned business needs. Propose structural and organizational improvements and implement the plans once approved;
- Actively monitor the work climate in his/her team, taking steps to encourage and ensure the maintenance of a positive work environment and adherence to company values;
- Promote teamwork and encourage employees and artists to create effective working relations across all departments at Rodeo FX;
- Provide employees with regular feedback on their performance, and provide ongoing mentoring, training and coaching to continuously grow their skills and support them in meeting their individual career development goals;
- Ensure management policies and procedures are being respected by all members of his/her team;
- In conjunction with Human Resources, oversee all matters relating to hiring, onboarding, engagement, performance management and termination of employment;
- Positively represent Rodeo FX within the VFX community, both locally and in the worldwide market, to further grow the company’s reputation as an industry leader.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Film and Television, Digital Media or Animation is a strong asset;
- 10 year of experience in the VFX industry;
- 5 years of management experience in a VFX Producer role, in theatrical, non-theatrical and episodic production roles;
- Experience in client management in the film industry;
- An understanding of the production process from concept to completion;
- A deep familiarity with post-production pipelines, techniques, and software;
- Knowledge of leading industry software and technologies;
- Industry database software (i.e. Shotgun);
- Deep interest in all new & upcoming technologies;
- English – Excellent Spoken & Written;
- French – Spoken;
- Must be available for international travel (approx. 30% of time).