- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: IT
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: IT
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Wrangler is responsible to help and support our Visual Effects productions by monitoring the Render Farm, Managing and monitoring disk space, archiving/restoring material, taking care of data synchronization between sites and managing the priorities based on production needs. In his/her role the Wrangler is involved with every aspect of our production pipeline. Reporting directly to the Wrangler Department Manager, the Wrangler interacts with Production Teams, Visual Effects Artists, Software Developers, IT and VFX producers.
A Render Wrangler is an entry-level position for those interested in a technical-track position (Technical Director, IT, etc...).
- Monitor, manage and maintain the ability of the Render Farm to function at its maximum;
- Monitor, manage and audit renders for daily deliveries;
- Maintain, track rendering priorities given by Production;
- Plan and communicate effectively in regards of resources allocations in accordance with the needs of the projects and of the production team;
- Help and support the artists with support requests and errors;
- Monitor infrastructure (servers) and identify problems;
- With the help of the R&D team, help to develop tools to support production;
- Monitoring disk usage, Data archival | Data restoration and resource management;
- Managing the archiving and deletion process of completed shows;
- Global Synchronization queues management;
- Write reports for daily/nightly handover and also forecasting.
- Proficiency working with various operating systems, Linux, Windows, OSX;
- Basic Knowledge of scripting and python programming language is a plus;
- Knowledge of queuing systems, Tractor;
- Basic Knowledge of Arnold, Katana, Maya, Houdini, Nuke and other VFX industry tools a plus;
- Ability to prioritize work, perform multiple tasks and work under time constraints;
- Self-driven, proactive, reliable;
- Strong sense of urgency and enjoy working in a fast paced atmosphere;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills as required;
- Bilingual (English and French).