Senior CG Artist - Previs
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Previs
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The previs artist is a storyteller. From a storyboard and/or a script, he conceptualize whole shots and sequences to convey the director’s vision. Using 2D elements, 3D assets or live plates, he uses the cinema language to tell a story.
- Create high-level animatic sequences narrating a story for film, tv or advertisement;
- Participate as a member of the team in the development of aesthetic and technical solutions to support the storytelling;
- Create 2D and 3D assets necessary to the visualization process;
- Create 3D animations for different types of objects, animals and characters;
- Provide feedback to members of the production team;
- Attends daily meetings ("dailies").
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a previs, 3D animation or VFX studio;
- Ability to model, texture, rig and light optimized asset for real-time workflow in the maya viewport;;
- Ability to stage action and design a shot aesthetically in the context of a sequence from a storyboard and/or script;
- Good understanding of compositing and camera tracking;
- Proficient with the following tools:
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Motionbuilder
- Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and knowledge of cinema language;
- Technical knowledge of cameras and photography;
- Proficient in a Houdini is an asset;
- Team player;
- Successfully takes direction from supervisor;
- Have strong design skill;
- Adapt quickly to a fast-pace production that evolves and change constantly.