- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Previs
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The previs artist is a storyteller. From a storyboard and/or a script, he conceptualize whole shots and sequences to convey the director’s vision. Using 2D elements, 3D assets or live plates, he uses the cinema language to tell a story.
- Create high-level animatic sequences narrating a story for film, tv or advertisement;
- Participate as a member of the team in the development of aesthetic and technical solutions to support the storytelling;
- Create 2D and 3D assets necessary to the visualization process;
- Create 3D animations for different types of objects, animals and characters;
- Provide feedback to members of the production team;
- Attends daily meetings ("dailies").
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a previs, 3D animation or VFX studio;
- Ability to model, texture, rig and light optimized asset for real-time workflow in the maya viewport;;
- Ability to stage action and design a shot aesthetically in the context of a sequence from a storyboard and/or script;
- Good understanding of compositing and camera tracking;
- Proficient with the following tools:
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Motionbuilder
- Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and knowledge of cinema language;
- Technical knowledge of cameras and photography;
- Proficient in a Houdini is an asset;
- Team player;
- Successfully takes direction from supervisor;
- Have strong design skill;
- Adapt quickly to a fast-pace production that evolves and change constantly.
At Rodeo, we strongly believe that diversity brings crucial value to us, our clients and our work. We are committed to hiring the best talent and not discriminate based upon race, gender identities, abilities, age, religion, sexual preference, national and ethnic origins, or any other characteristics that make you who you are! In our hiring processes and at the company, we have a zero tolerance policy towards any type of less favourable treatment or discrimination in any form.