Senior CFX Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Creature FX
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor or the Animation Supervisor, the Creature FX Artist is responsible for providing a wide variety of rigs and dynamic simulations for photo-realistic creatures or humans including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Creation of photo-realistic creatures setup ; including cloth, fur, hair, feathers, muscle and skin;
- Ability to run simulation in shots and to address any notes;
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques;
- Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines;
- To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline;
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Previous experience on CG creature projects;
- Experience with Crowd simulation a strong asset;
- Experience with some of the following types of dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur feathers, skin and muscle, shot modeling;
- Experience of creating simulation setups for specific production needs;
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player;
- Strong Houdini background;
- Knowledge in Python and VEX would be an asset;
- Knowledge in katana would be an asset;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving;
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration.