- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Environment
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
Under the supervision of the VFX Supervisor and close relation with CG Supervisor, your overall role is to ensure that everything related to your department is taken care of. This ranges from getting the original brief from the VFX Sup, establishing a game plan on how to approach the work, following up on a daily basis with all the artists, ensuring deadlines and quality are met and that the production team have all the information they need. You are expected to work on artistic work and cast your own tasks efficiently.
- Manage artists in your Environment Team, including day-to-day management, timesheet review, vacation approval, etc.;
- Establish a game plan and methodology with the CG Sup on how to approach the work for environment-related assets/seq/shots and work shared with other departments;
- Review of the timeline with Production to ensure all steps are in the right order;
- Participate in project planning & casting of tasks within the team;
- Responsible for continually looking to improve the skills within your team, whether through performance management, coaching or training & create training if needed;
- Provide creative workflow solutions to meet budget & timeline requirements;
- Participate in pre-show planning with CG Supervisors to define the methodology to be used during the show & suggest potential tool development that will be required;
- Responsible for hiring, the management of disciplinary issues, or terminations within the artists for which you are responsible (in collaboration with the HR department);
- Ensure your team is staffed with the appropriate balance of skills and experience;
- Actively monitor the work climate in your team & ensure the maintenance of a positive work environment and adherence to company values;
- Create a list of assets that should be added to the inventory to be used on other shows and relay information to the Head of Assets;
- Make sure all tools necessary for the work are available and working properly.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a VFX Studio;
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Environment Supervisor;
- Excellent knowledge of Clarisse, Maya and Nuke;
- Experience working with Houdini;
- Experience working with Speedtree;
- Experience working with Katana.
PROFILE & SKILLS
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines;
- Comfortable in a changing environment and under pressure;
- Dynamic work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration;
- Autonomous and able to delegate tasks when necessary to improve efficiency;
- Diligent and rigorous with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strong ability to solve problems.