- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
Under the supervision of the VFX Supervisor and close relation with CG Supervisor, your overall role is to ensure that everything related to your department is taken care of. This ranges from getting the original brief from the VFX Supervisor, establishing a game plan on how to approach the work, following up on a daily basis with all the artists, ensuring deadlines and quality are met and that the production team have all the information they need. You are expected to work on artistic work and cast your own tasks efficiently.
- Manage artists from your FX Team, including day-to-day management, timesheet review, vacation approval, etc ;
- Participate in pre-show project planning with CG Supervisors to define the methodology to be used during the show & casting of tasks within the team
- suggest potential tool development that will be required ;
- Responsible for continually looking to improve the skills within your team, whether through performance management, coaching or training & create training if needed ;
- Provide creative workflow solutions to meet budget & timeline requirements ;
- Responsible for hiring, the management of disciplinary issues, or terminations within the artists for which you are responsible (in collaboration with the HR department ) ;
- Ensure your team is staffed with the appropriate balance of skills and experience ;
- Actively monitor the work climate in your team & Ensure the maintenance of a positive work environment and adherence to company values ;
- Stay informed about the upcoming milestones & projects to discuss with production any potential delays, and provide solutions around the potential problems ;
- Make sure all tools necessary for the work are available and working properly.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a VFX Studio ;
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a FX Supervisor ;
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini and Nuke ;
- Experience working with Katana & USD ;
- A good knowledge of the programming principles with VEX & Python.
PROFILE & SKILLS
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines ;
- Comfortable in a changing environment and under pressure ;
- Dynamic work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration ;
- Autonomous and able to delegate tasks when necessary to improve efficiency ;
- Diligent and rigorous with strong attention to details ;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills ;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability.
At Rodeo, we strongly believe that diversity brings crucial value to us, our clients and our work. We are committed to hiring the best talent and not discriminate based upon race, gender identities, abilities, age, religion, sexual preference, national and ethnic origins, or any other characteristics that make you who you are! In our hiring processes and at the company, we have a zero tolerance policy towards any type of less favourable treatment or discrimination in any form.