Senior Camera Matchmove & Layout Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: CG
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: CMM / Layout
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
- The artist must be able to capture camera movements and create the layout for 3D environments
- The artist must be able to reproduce the movements of objects or characters
- Be able to develop solutions for the tracking of 3D cameras and solve problems that may arise
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Scene layout in Maya by interpreting the previs to build the foundation of the shot and sequence
- Be able to work with the visual effects supervisor and Lead CG to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches.
- Start renders and check the quality of rendered images
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a VFX studio ;
- Basic knowledge of photography ;
- Knowledge of 3DEqualizer and Maya ;
- Experience with Nuke (an asset) ;
- Basic knowledge of Arnold (an asset) ;
- Scripting knowledge with Mel/Python (an asset) ;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills ;
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration ;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving.