Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Communications
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
Working on some of the world’s most prestigious shows lights you up because you love films and series and are fascinated by the world of visual effects. A self-professed “grammar nerd”, you know how much language and messaging matters and feel good when it’s done well. You care about great service and thrive in a fun, creative, energetic environment with high standards. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Coordinate & track all client and industry communications;
- Help with writing and distributing press releases, fact sheets, media invites, media kits & any other communication destined for the media;
- Write concise and compelling stories in both French & English;
- Revise and proofread publications, articles & content;
- Coordinate interview requests;
- Maintain up-to-date press and distribution lists, a strong network of journalists, influencers, and other members of the media;
- Build a list of key industry events to attend - make arrangements for conferences and speaking engagements;
- Master our media analytics tool;
- Monitor and analyze PR and social campaigns to ensure they align with overall strategy;
- Monitor all shows we are working on;
- Keep a keen eye on industry trends;
- Help organize PR events;
- Coordinate all speaker engagement and conference content.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing (an asset);
- Up to two years of experience in public relations or editorial content writing;
- Experience writing press releases;
- Very good knowledge of print and digital media;
- Already established media relations (an asset);
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritize and manage and meet multiple deadlines;
- Excellent coordination skills - detail oriented - tool & software savvy;
- Highly developed sense of organization, with great attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team and share information and ideas;
- Professional attitude and behaviour focused on results and service;
- Energetic and ready to grow and learn with a company that’s expanding;
- Ability to manage stress and a sense of urgency at work;
- Passion for film, television, and visual effects (an asset);
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills in French and English, spoken and written.
At Rodeo, we strongly believe that diversity brings crucial value to us, our clients and our work. We are committed to hiring the best talent and not discriminate based upon race, gender identities, abilities, age, religion, sexual preference, national and ethnic origins, or any other characteristics that make you who you are! In our hiring processes and at the company, we have a zero tolerance policy towards any type of less favourable treatment or discrimination in any form.