- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Finance
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Finance
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Payroll Technician is responsible for fast, efficient and accurate payroll processing for various Rodeo FX entities.
As such, he interacts with employees on a daily basis and applies payroll procedures in accordance with government laws and corporate policies.
- Responsible for the complete cycle of a Canadian bi-monthly payroll of an affiliated company;
- Assists the payroll team in processing bi-monthly payroll data for all permanent and contractual employees of our parent company according to the system in place;
- Make salary, address or other changes and ensure the accuracy of employee information;
- Interacts continuously with managers, human resources advisors to obtain, clarify or correct information received;
- Ensures the application of internal laws and policies;
- Ensures the compliance of time banks (vacation, illness, etc.)
- Prepares and analyzes various reports according to established processes or requests made;
- Acts as contact for employees and the accounting team for any questions relating to payroll results;
- Follows up with various levels of government;
- Identifies and proposes possible improvements to the processes in place;
- Participates to various projects within the department.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in payroll processing;
- Payroll Compliance Specialist designation and member (CPA) of the Canadian Payroll Association;
- Knowledge of US regulations an asset;
- Very good knowledge of Excel software;
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, an asset;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Strong priority management skills;
- Autonomy, versatility, attention to detail, precision and thoroughness;
- Discretion in handling confidential data;
- Ability to learn new software;
- Team player;
- Bilingualism (French, English), oral and written.