Lead VFX Editor
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Production
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Production
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Editorial team serves as the key link between the clients, the in-house production teams and the artists throughout its multiple facilities for all Rodeo FX’s projects.
Under the supervision of the VFX Supervisor, the Lead Visual Effects Editor is the main level of support for the entire production team through the course of a project, from pre-production to final delivery. The Lead Visual Effects Editor will incorporate all current visual effects plans into the sequences and ensure that the editing is ready for the daily viewing sessions. The Lead Visual Effects Editor is also in charge of mentoring the Editorial team in various aspects of their work.
- Run client reviews and all internal dailies sessions;
- Mentor the Editorial team in regards to daily operations, best practices amongst others;
- Provide insight on crew planning relating to time management, continuous improvement and provide feedback on the team's performance;
- Keep all sequences and shots up to date with the latest client information;
- Respond to all editorial requests, including client approvals, to support the production team;
- Process turnovers and keep edits and databases up to date;
- Maintain editorial info in databases;
- Create in-house reels including annual company reels, show reels, technical breakdowns, and awards reels;
- Participate in the delivery process by creating in-context cuts for the client and making sure the material sent matches the client needs;
- Liaise with cutting room when appropriate;
- Work closely with internal production, artists and other support departments providing advice, reference, information and files when needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience in a visual effects editorial role;
- Experience in a leadership role;
- Excellent knowledge of Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro X;
- Working knowledge of Shotgun software;
- Strong technical background and an expert understanding of all editorial tools;
- Working knowledge of film and digital formats, files, frame rates, resolutions, colour space and codecs;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Dynamic and collaborative work ethic (this replaces team player);
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and solve problems.