Director of Strategy
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Executive
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Executive
Rodeo FX is a full-service, award-winning visual effects studio with teams in Montreal, Quebec City, Los Angeles, and Munich. We work on acclaimed films, groundbreaking series and unforgettable ads.
As an artist-founded and artist-run studio, our mission is to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
RodeoFX is looking for a seasoned strategist to join our team in Montreal. This person will be instrumental in helping RodeoFX achieve new heights. If you thrive on performance and are constantly looking for innovative ways to move the organization further, we want to meet you!
The Director of Strategy’s main role is to work in close collaboration with the CEO to formalize the strategy and long-term vision, develop a strategic five-year plan and work with executives and departments to create a roadmap to successfully execute the company’s business strategy.
You will collaborate with management across the organization to ensure operations are aligned with the business strategy. You will lead acquisitions and strategic partnerships and drive transformational projects such as the development of new business lines, new divisions, entry into new markets and investments in new technology.
- Work with the CEO to formalize the company’s mission and vision, and to determine key objectives that will support the company’s business strategy;
- Work with the CEO to create a strategic five-year plan for the company and partner with key stakeholders to create cascading departmental objectives;
- Drive the execution of the company’s plan by ensuring that operations are reflective of the strategy;
- Work with the CEO, communications and all departments to ensure efficient communication of the company mission, vision and values, as well as objectives and find ways to create adhesion;
- Analyze potential mergers or acquisitions, including working with the CFO on the due diligence process, as well as post-acquisition integration. Identify opportunities in line with the company’s strategy and provide insight into the financial planning process in relation to long-term investment priorities;
- Provide fact-based analysis and scenarios to identify opportunities for company growth and development. Develop creative approaches and major market initiatives in conjunction with the business development team, maintain relationships with key clients and partners;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market changes, government programs, business models, technological advances and innovations which would provide new potential growth areas for the Rodeo Group and identify potential risks.
- Master’s in Business Administration is a strong asset;
- 10 years of experience in strategy development, and strategy execution;
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence processes;
- Experience in the VFX, film or creative industry is a strong asset;
- Proven experience leading and coaching large teams.
- Deep interest in all new & upcoming technologies;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Bilingual English and French, spoken & written required;
- Must be available for international travel (frequent).