- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Pipeline
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Pipeline
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Animation TD will be working closely with the Pipeline Department in the development of tools and solutions for the Animation department.
- Create testable, efficient and reusable tools by using best in class software development practices;
- Develop animation pipeline tools to meet production requests, ensuring it is consistent with department standards as requested by show and technical supervisors;
- Help to maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts;
- Provide front-line production support to Animators, troubleshooting assets and shots, and helping artists with general problem-solving;
- Be able to work with the Animation Supervisor and Head of TD to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches;
- Complete tasks within the timeframe given by the Animation Supervisor and Head of TD;
- Create and communicate documentation about developed tools and train other users to use the developed tools.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Animation or equivalent required;
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a VFX studio;
- 2+ years of pipeline development experience;
- Experience with Python scripting. C++ programming experience, an asset;
- Experience with Maya;
- A good understanding of Linux Operating System;
- Proven debugging, development testing, and problem solving abilities;
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player;
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration;
- Excellent organizational, communication and documentation skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities;
- Ability to prioritize production needs and task.