Senior Character Animator
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Animation Content
- City: Montreal
- Specialty: Animation Content
Artist-driven company by nature, it’s our mission to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
We are seeking a Senior Character Animator to join our growing Feature Animation team. Come work with a passionate team who push and inspire each other to solve creative problems and support each other’s craft. The more inventive you are, the better.
The ideal candidate should be an artist with a passion for characters and story telling, ready to jump into action and infuse their creations with loads of personality and style, highly motivated and production experienced, with an appreciation for the collaborative nature of film making.
- Animators are responsible for creating high quality character animation, from high action to high drama, to full on cartoon humor, etc;
- Work closely with directors and supervisors to bring our stories to life;
- Create memorable performances and characters. Come up with original ideas and unique takes on your assigned scenes;
- Lead by helping to set a high standard of animation quality for others to follow;
- Help to establish animation workflow and style.
We’d love to talk to you if you have (most) of the following:
- Experience within an Animation department (Feature Animation preferred).
- Strong Character acting skills;
- Good knowledge of storytelling, composition and staging;
- Good understanding of anatomy;
- Can find appealing character poses while keeping your character on model;
- A keen sense of body mechanics, timing and weight;
- Drawing skills are a plus;
- Thorough knowledge of Maya is a big plus;
- Communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Good sense of ownership, constructive attitude, and drive.