Private Equity Intern (m/f) @ Global Founders Capital
- Berlin, Germany
Rocket Internet incubates and invests in Internet companies with proven business models. It provides operational support to its companies and helps them scale internationally. Rocket Internet focuses predominantly on four industry sectors of online and mobile retail and services that make up a significant share of consumer spending: Food & Groceries, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home & Living. Rocket Internet’s selected companies are active in a large number of countries around the world with more than 28,000 employees.
As a Private Equity Intern (m/f) @Global Founders Capital, you tackle the challenges of identifying new investments opportunities as well as conducting deep analysis and assisting the Senior Vice President of Investments at Rocket. You gain an inside perspective on Internet startups and build up deep functional expertise. Furthermore, you will organize, prepare and participate in meetings with senior executives of private equity firms, investment banks, target companies and, of course, Rocket itself. The following tasks will be part of your new role:
· You source, research and identify investment opportunities
· You support in conducting growth investments and late-stage private equity co-investments
· You compile financial models and perform commercial and financial due diligences
· You draft pitch presentations and handle the communication with external parties
· You assist in the execution of transactions and ad-hoc operations
· You take ownership and work highly independently on various projects
· You have completed/ are completing an outstanding business degree from a top university with a focus on finance and accounting
· You have a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements
· You have already completed internships in investment banking, private equity, consulting, and/or start-ups
· You have exceptional analytical skills and a strong attention to detail, as well as a hands-on mentality
· You have good knowledge of Excel
· You enjoy working independently and having lots of responsibility
· You are fluent in English; German is a plus
Rocket powers a global network of companies with unique reach, extensive resources and exceptional people. You’ll be based in Berlin, one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic cities. The Rocket Tower offers you high-end offices, a roof terrace, a free gym as well as free fruits, cereals and drinks. You’ll get access to our exclusive events (Rocket University, Hackathons, Parties...) and unique career opportunities across our network. For top-performers during the internship, we also offer full-time employment after your internship.
ROCKET OWNERSHIP - Our dedicated program for junior talent.
Learn. Connect. Impact.
Rocket Ownership advances the notion of ‘internships’ to meet the exceptional nature of our candidates. We want you to take ownership of assignments that directly impact the success of the company. Benefit from regular feedback and attend exclusive events in order to build an influential network and launch your global career.
Up for a challenge?
We welcome your application in English to join our global network.