Sr. Python Developer
- Quebec City, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
WE EMBRACE A TALENT-LED CULTURE
Our work is driven by our team’s desire to be pioneers.
In 2009, we created Robots & Pencils with the then-contrarian view that mobile would be more transformative than the Internet. Turns out we were right.
Today, our thinking is rooted in the belief that, in the age of unprecedented technology acceleration, maintaining a competitive advantage requires new strategies and a focus on innovation.
Our approach has been to create a company designed to follow the talent, allowing us to amass an unfair share of hyper-skilled people who call Robots & Pencils home. A team of people who not only develop innovative solutions to transform businesses, but also create products that have been previously inconceivable.
Our Core Values:
- Strong Work Ethic
Benefits of Working at Robots & Pencils
- We follow the talent meaning you can be located anywhere in North America and work remotely. You also have the option to work in our offices if you live in an area where we have a local office.
We work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where everything is constantly changing from the tools we use to how we think about software.
We hire only the best talent we can find. You do remarkable things and solve tough problems where many others have failed before.
Attractive compensation package
Excellent benefits-Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid holidays and vacation.
- Work on Client products as well as our own products, delivering first-class software.
- Build out mobile APIs and web applications for mobile and browser Clients.
- Peer review other team members’ code and learn and adapt from the peer review of your own code.
- Program according to project plans and work in cross-functional teams to plan versions and sprints.
- Test according to predetermined test plans.
- Support sales and project managers with technical insights, leading to the creation of budgets and schedules for projects.
- Collaborate with our pencils (designers) to create idiomatic interfaces.
- 7+ years of experience in Python software development
- Degree in Computer Sciences or Software Engineering
- High-level working knowledge of Django framework
- Understanding of rule engines, event processing, and real-time data analysis
- Deep understanding of software security practices
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and Git
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with various team members across multiple location
Robots & Pencils aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.