- Cromwell, CT
Ripley is the leading global manufacturer of wire and cable preparation tools, serving lineman, technicians and installers for over 30 years. Ripley’s full product line of high quality wire and cable preparation tools and accessories for the Transmission & Distribution, CATV, Electrical and Telecommunications industries is distinguished by three brands: Miller®, Utility Tool™ and Cablematic®.
- The Miller brand of products is comprised of tools for the fiber optic and telecommunications industries and offers wire cutters and slitters for all types of small wire, cable and fiber optic cable.
- The Utility Tool brand of products features tools intended to splice and terminate cable while meeting specific application needs including accurate removal of insulation, semi-conductive sheathing, protective jacketing and other materials to produce a consistent, uniform preparation of cable ends.
- The Cablematic product line features coring and stripping tools, drop cable trimmers and compression/crimp tools for the CATV, Telecommunications and Wireless industries. Cablematic tools prepare trunk and distribution cables in addition to drop and messengered cables.
Ripley is headquartered in Cromwell, CT with offices in the UK and China. Ripley sells its products targeting the end user contractor through a worldwide network of distributors, focusing on quality and providing global solutions.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Technician will report to and assist the Quality Manager with a variety of quality functions as follows:
· Fulfill daily responsibilities in a fast paced, team based manufacturing environment while maintaining and upholding Ripley’s core values.
· Support manufacturing by measuring and assessing first piece and in-process product quality using a variety of measurement techniques including: traditional surface plate layout techniques, variety of hand gauging methodologies and automated inspection equipment.
· Responsible for performing First Article Inspection and validating reports, as applicable.
· Responsible for creating Quality Control Plans.
· Initiate MDR’s (Material Discrepancy Report) and RCCA’s (Root Cause & Corrective Actions) for non-conforming parts and logging pertinent information in the MDR database.
· Process all MDR’s after Material Review Board meeting based on final disposition.
· Responsible for facilitating RMA’s. Perform data gathering and evaluation (root cause analysis) of quality problems, and recommends verbal and/or written corrective action to management as required.
· Internal auditing to ISO 9001:2015 Standards
· Perform gage calibration and maintenance of calibration records
· Support organizational improvement activities by acting as a team member for improvement functions.
· Support organizational departmental cross training initiatives by becoming cross trained in various skill blocks within the Quality function as defined and agreed upon by Quality Manager.
· Interact effectively with co-workers, management and production personnel to resolve problems.
· Provide mentoring and assistance to support Quality Inspector
· Reviews all inspection records to ensure all inspection points have been completed.
· Maintains all records of all inspections and corrections.
· Responsible to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
· Handles all projects assigned by QM within the scope of the position.
Previous inspection experience required. Machine shop, fabrication or compliance background preferred. Familiarity with ISO 9001 standards preferred. Above average mechanical ability. The ability to read blueprints (GD&T) and use fundamental machine shop measuring and inspection devices including but not limited to: Calipers, micrometers, shadowgraph, dial gauges, pin gauges, and hardness testers. Knowledge of gage calibration and record keeping required. Ability to lift 50 pounds minimum. Good organizational skills required. High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
To Apply: Submit resume to this ad
We are an equal opportunity employer and make all employment decisions, including those related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and recognition of individuals on the basis of their ability and job related qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status and any other classification protected by law. Additionally we employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.