- Menlo Park, CA, USA
The Riekes Center exists for the enhancement of the individual student. Our mission is to provide each student with the best possible opportunity to define and accomplish individual goals, build character and learn transferable life skills through Creative Arts, Athletic Fitness and Nature Awareness, in an environment of non-judgment and mutual respect. We provide these opportunities regardless of the student’s ability to pay, or ability to perform. Each person’s uniqueness and potential is celebrated.
The Riekes Center thrives on providing transformational outcomes for our students. At the Riekes Center, all students, all goals, and all interests are equally important. It’s a place where real world diversity thrives and empathy is encouraged. The Core Values of Self Supervision, Honest Communication and Sensitivity to Others are the Center’s operational and social standards.
The purpose of administrative assistant is to ensure efficient operation of the department and support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to the organization and communication. They are responsible for confidential and sensitive material.
- Serves as an administrative assistant and helps to maintain records for all required training such as mandated reporter, TB testing, first aid certification and more.
- Creates and prepares correspondence, forms, informational documents, and other materials for Admin. Department.
- Support admin team in all aspects of communication and coordination with students of the Riekes center and others.
- Uses spreadsheets and a variety of computer software to format data and prepare routine reports, correspondence, forms, surveys, and informational materials
- Assist with events, act as contact for vendors. Assist with formatting and sending email to those necessary.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone and email.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Cover the reception desk when required.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organizations website.
- Assist facilities manager in managing the tasks list
- work including but not limited to CHP inspection, DMV registration and titles and building maintenance including fire safety inspection
- Works with maintenance staff to process repair requests and oversee preventative maintenance process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- HR experience preferred
- Have previous experience in administrative support and registration
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using percents and/or ratios.
- Ability to write documents following prescribed formats and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to work well in both a team and as an individual
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.