Project Management & Marketing Intern
- 111 W Michigan St, Milwaukee, WI 53203, USA
- FLSA: Nonexempt
- JobFunction: Operations & Manufacturing
- Business Platform: PMC
- Work Location: PT - USA WI Milwaukee HQ: 554
- Reg/Temp: Temporary
- Shift: 1
- Travel Required: Yes - 10%
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components worldwide used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy, and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN (pronounced “Direction”), based on the integration of innovative Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
As a Project Management & Marketing Intern with Rexnord, you will be part of the Project Management Office (PMO) Team. You will be assigned a Project Manager as your mentor who will guide your progress towards completion of specific goals associated with high visibility product development process enhancements and the global expansion of the PMO Office. Within this work you will have the opportunity to enhance the Customer Focused Innovation (CFI) Process, the process used to develop and launch new products. Additionally, you will have opportunity to participate in leadership development and networking activities to gain exposure to Rexnord culture and leadership.
The Project Management / Marketing Intern will have project responsibility on the Rexnord PMO Team in Milwaukee. Integrating with the PMO Team, the intern will be expected to investigate, develop, and launch process improvements necessary to amplify the impact of Rexnord’s Project Management Office and new product development efforts.
During their assignments, the intern will have the opportunity for involvement in up to three key projects.
- Improve the Customer Focused Innovation Process (CFI), supporting documents, and training materials.
- Improve the PMO’s engagement outside of Milwaukee by improving project management tools, communication cadences, and success metric tracking tools.
- Automate and simplify tracking tools and processes that are used monthly across the Rexnord Process and Motion Control Platforms for launched projects that are generating revenue for New Product Development and VAVE (Value Add – Value Engineering, focuses on enhancements to existing products).
Many of these assignments are new to the PMO and we will encourage the intern to flex their creative and decision-making muscles. Interns will be coached on methods to evaluate business decisions (for example purchased software options). During these assignments they will mentored on how to identify and evaluate options so they can present decision ready proposals. This internship opportunity will also provide valuable hands-on experience in project management, research, communication, and visual daily management.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Experience and Skill Required
- Self-motivated, desire to learn and contribute in a stretch goal environment
- Study in a related field (Marketing, Business Administration or Engineering)
- Proven ability to interact with a cross functional teams encompassing engineering, product management, finance, supply chain and operations
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize work efficiently
- Demonstrated leadership skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Skilled with MS Office and ability to create training materials in different media
- Advanced skills within Microsoft Excel a bonus
- Skilled with Tableau a bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran