Help Desk Specialist (Remote in US)
Resultant is a modern consulting firm with a radically different approach to solving problems.
We don’t solve problems for our clients. We solve problems with them.
Through outcomes driven by data analytics, technology solutions, digital transformation, and beyond, our team works with clients in both the public and private sectors to solve their most complex challenges. We start by learning as much as we can about who they are, how they work, and what they’re striving for so we can feel their problems as our own. Partnering with our clients means their desired outcomes are always top of mind, their challenges and strengths guiding our efforts. We build client-focused relationships before we build unique solutions that blaze past expectations.
Originally founded in Indianapolis in 2008, Resultant now employs more than 400 team members who operate from offices around the United States including Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, Indiana; Columbus, Ohio; Lansing, Michigan; Denver, Colorado; Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia.
We’re Resultant. Clients partner with us to see a difference. People join us to make one.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Technical Support Specialist to join the team. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will provide amazing tier 1 support to our clients, greatly exceeding their experience of what anyone else has ever done for them.
- You will escalate customer support requirements as appropriate, communicating relevant information (such as criticality and timeliness), and confirming acceptance of the escalated issue.
- You will prepare desktops, laptops, and miscellaneous hardware for customers.
- You will keep customer documentation up-to-date and accurate.
- You will monitor the customer team’s assigned alerts in conjunction with the live helpdesk and respond appropriately.
- You will work collaboratively with teams of smart, thoughtful people to best meet the needs of our clients.
- You will demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, plan, and deliver your work and commitments in a timely manner
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- You should possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
- You should be able to explain technical challenges and solutions to just about anyone, regardless of their background.
- You should be willing to participate in an on-call rotation and provide after-hours support, as necessary.
- You should be able to manage and coordinate with third party vendors.
- This is an entry level position, but some experience or certifications would be preferred.
We expect that you will be able perform the following tasks daily. . .
- Servers: Active Directory, File Permissions, Backups, Antivirus
- Networks: Basic ISP Up/Down Troubleshooting, General Troubleshooting of Network Equipment
- Computers: Computer Replacement, Hardware/Driver Troubleshooting, Common OS problems, Patching
- User Support: Remote User Support, User Profile Migrations, Password Resets, Log In Issues, User Setup, Mobile Device Setup, Workstation Deployment
- Applications and Products: Microsoft 365, ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Automate
What you should know about us:
- We are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- We are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization, and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- We compensate well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- Our leaders work hard, serving as shining examples of what it means to live out our values. They are servant leaders, helping their teams to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including self-managed PTO, significant 401k contributions, and several opportunities to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you're up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us:
- "I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like this."
- "I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team."
- "The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer