Data Engineer (Remote in US)
Resultant is a modern consulting firm with a radically different approach to solving problems.
We don’t solve problems for our clients. We solve problems with them.
Through outcomes driven by data analytics, technology solutions, digital transformation, and beyond, our team works with clients in both the public and private sectors to solve their most complex challenges. We start by learning as much as we can about who they are, how they work, and what they’re striving for so we can feel their problems as our own. Partnering with our clients means their desired outcomes are always top of mind, their challenges and strengths guiding our efforts. We build client-focused relationships before we build unique solutions that blaze past expectations.
Originally founded in Indianapolis as KSM Consulting in 2008, Resultant now employs more than 350 team members who operate from offices around the United States including Indianapolis, Fort Wayne and Odon, Indiana; Columbus, Ohio; Lansing, Michigan; Denver, Colorado; Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia.
We’re Resultant. Clients partner with us to see a difference. People join us to make one.
We are looking for Data Engineers to join our talented data analytics team. As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data sourcing, data profiling, and other data manipulation functions.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Work closely with the solution leads, project managers, data architects, and data scientists on solution design, architecture, and implementation
- Perform extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various data engineering tools and methods.
- Query and process large data sets and perform data profiling and data quality assessments.
- Design and implement data solutions for integration across systems that are both secure and operational.
- Assist in creating database models and architecture design and documentation
- Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies related to data sourcing, cleansing, and integration
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Participate in client-facing project activities such as requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field is required (Master’s a plus)
- 2+ years of data engineering, software engineering, or similar experience
- 2+ hands-on industry experience working with SQL on various relational database platforms (Microsoft, Oracle, Hana, Postgres, etc). NoSQL a plus
- 2+ ETL experience with tools like Azure Data Factory, Pentaho, SSIS, etc.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with object-oriented programming in Python (preferred) or similar such as Go, Rust, C#, etc.
- 2+ years of data modeling experience
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Comfortable working across a wide range of project sizes and industries
- Familiarity or experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP a plus
- Experience with Docker for containerization and Kubernetes for orchestration a plus
What you should know about us:
- We are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- We are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization, and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- We compensate well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- Our leaders work hard, serving as shining examples of what it means to live out our values. They are servant leaders, helping their teams to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and several opportunities to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you're up for the challenge!
hat our team members say about us:
- “I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like Resultant.”
- "I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
- “The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer