Digital Forensic Investigator - IT Forensics - Mobile Devices - Full Time - Birmingham
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Resillion is a global company with end-to-end capabilities: no matter your industry, your geographical location, or stage in your digital journey. With offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, Resillion will be by your side. Helping you and your organization realize your ambitions in cyber security, testing of digital media content and quality assurance.
Whether, testing, certification, (software) development, cyber security, or data-protection, the experts at Resillion do whatever it takes. We work as long and hard as necessary to get you to market.
Digital Forensic Investigator - Birmingham City Centre
**Must be able to work 5 days a week in Birmingham and be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)**
We are HIRING - Permanent professional....!!!
To undertake operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of digital devices supplied for forensic examination. Produce written reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court.
- Provide written estimates to both the prosecution and defence for the forensic examination of digital equipment.
- Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs.
- Organise your own day to day casework activities in order to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with good work practise and quality systems.
- To work in accordance with best scientific and commercial practice to deliver, often complex, computer/mobile devices investigation related projects on time, within budget and to the appropriate quality.
- Produce appropriate reports and delivery expert evidence on findings.
- Review of colleagues’ reports / statements to ensure quality and maintain standards.
- Handle exhibits in accordance with evidential rules and technological safeguards to ensure the integrity of each case.
- Provide accurate and understandable briefing / customer presentations.
- Liaise with customers to keep them abreast with progression of their cases.
- Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology.
- Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness.
Knowledge, experience, and technical skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with recognised qualifications in computer science or computer forensic investigation.
- Proven track record in forensic computer investigation. Demonstrating competence and expertise from initial imaging, analysis and giving evidence in Crown Court as an Expert.
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux, experience of working with networks and the various forensic software tools available.
- Experience of working in a forensic environment to the highest ethical standards.
- Good understanding of the UK legislation.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of court procedure and etiquette of an expert witness, disclosure, and continuity.
- Customer focus.
- Able to Communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability of delivering results.
- Takes accountability for actions.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a challenging workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- A degree of flexibility.
Security Vetting and Clearance
The jobholder is responsible for obtaining and maintaining the appropriate levels of security clearance and adhering to the organisation’s security vetting policy and process in force at the time.
- Holidays 25 days (plus bank holidays).
- Contributary Pension
- Socials – team socials and activities along with our Christmas party
- Learning and development investment
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with local and international teams.
- Perkbox – access to hundreds of high street discounts
- Employee Assistance – 24/7 access to counselling support
- Employee Referral scheme – up to £2500 to refer a new colleague into resillion
- Up to 4x times your salary if the worst should happen (life assurance cover)
- 8 weeks full pay+ 8 weeks half pay maternity pay.
- 2 days paid volunteering a year.
- Opportunity to join groups, such as our Inclusivity Group to champion and promote issues of inclusivity in our teams and in the wider sector or our regular menopause café catch ups.
- Hybrid working, with time in the office focused on being Creative, Collaborating, Communication and (most importantly) Celebrating.
- Sick pay of 2 months sick pay, 2 months half sick pay
- Our ability to offer flexible working in most roles.
- £250 home working equipment allowance
- Access to free BUPA menopause support