Incident Response Lead / Digital Forensic Investigator - Birmingham - Permanent - Must be SC cleared or Eligible for SC
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Resillion is a global company with end-to-end capabilities: no matter your industry, your geographical location, or stage in your digital journey. With offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, Resillion will be by your side. Helping you and your organization realize your ambitions in cyber security, testing of digital media content and quality assurance.
Whether, testing, certification, (software) development, cyber security, or data-protection, the experts at Resillion do whatever it takes. We work as long and hard as necessary to get you to market.
Incident Response Lead / Digital Forensic Investigator - Birmingham City Centre
**Must be able to work 5 days a week in Birmingham and be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)**
We are HIRING - Permanent professionals....!!!
To act as an Incident Response lead for DFIR and also undertake operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of digital devices supplied for forensic examination. Produce written reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court. To respond to clients Incidents of compromise.
- Act as an Incident Lead to respond to clients’ incidents of compromise at short notice. supported by a team of subject matter experts from within the wider Cyber team.
- Onboard Incident Response Retainer clients.
- Provide Forensic Readiness Reports / Exercises for Incident Response Clients
- Provide Incident Response Exercises for Incident Response Clients
- Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs.
- Organise your own day to day casework activities in order to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with good work practise and quality systems.
- To work in accordance with best scientific and commercial practice to deliver, often complex, computer/mobile devices investigation related projects on time, within budget and to the appropriate quality.
- Produce appropriate reports and delivery expert evidence on findings.
- Review of colleagues’ reports / statements to ensure quality and maintain standards.
- Handle exhibits in accordance with evidential rules and technological safeguards to ensure the integrity of each case.
- Provide accurate and understandable briefing / customer presentations.
- Liaise with clients to keep them abreast with progression of their cases.
- Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology.
- Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness.
Knowledge, experience, and technical skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with recognised qualifications in computer science / security.
- Experience within a cyber environment such as Pen Testing or SOC Analysis.
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux
- Experience of working with network security (both on premise and cloud)
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Customer focus.
- Able to Communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability of delivering results.
- Takes accountability for actions.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a challenging workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- A degree of flexibility.
- Holidays 25 days (plus bank holidays).
- Contributary Pension
- Socials – team socials and activities along with our Christmas party
- Learning and development investment
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with local and international teams.
- Perkbox – access to hundreds of high street discounts
- Employee Assistance – 24/7 access to counselling support
- Employee Referral scheme – up to £2500 to refer a new colleague into resillion
- Up to 4x times your salary if the worst should happen (life assurance cover)
- 8 weeks full pay+ 8 weeks half pay maternity pay.
- 2 days paid volunteering a year.
- Opportunity to join groups, such as our Inclusivity Group to champion and promote issues of inclusivity in our teams and in the wider sector or our regular menopause café catch ups.
- Hybrid working, with time in the office focused on being Creative, Collaborating, Communication and (most importantly) Celebrating.
- Sick pay of 2 months sick pay, 2 months half sick pay
- Our ability to offer flexible working in most roles.
- £250 home working equipment allowance
- Access to free BUPA menopause support