- 10 S La Salle St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Reputation Partners is a strategic communications firm that builds and protects brands. We help our clients engage with the audiences that matter most. We offer a full range of strategic communications capabilities including public relations, marketing, digital/social media, web development/design, crisis communications, financial communications, employee/labor communications and sustainability/CSR communications.
Learn more about our work by visiting http://www.reputationpartners.com
Client Account Work
- Provide strategic client counsel, oversight and senior-level implementation on all facets of work conducted on behalf of clients.
- Develop communications strategies, plans, messages and materials (with support from Senior Associates, Associates, Account Coordinators and Interns, as appropriate)
- Review and provide constructive input to written materials produced by Senior Associates, Associates, Account Coordinators and Interns (such as press releases, award entries, biographies, etc.) to ensure highest quality work product
- Supervise the execution of various media relations, social media and events
- Pitch high-level media outlets and regularly cultivating relationships with target media/reporters, including local and national business media and trade media (print, broadcast and online)
- Provide guidance to Senior Associates, Associates, Account Coordinators and Interns as they complete the daily/tactical elements of client account work. This includes trouble shooting on tactical issues, helping identify opportunities, etc.
- As necessary, and in partnership with Senior Associates, be the gatekeeper for ensuring quality work is completed for clients in a timely manner
- Independently and proactively source and provide clients new ideas/opportunities
- Develop and nurture productive client relationships, including proactively and independently seeking opportunities to expand those relationships (i.e., into new business units, new geographies, etc.)
- Set/approve and oversee account budgets
- Regularly and efficiently update the Senior Management Team (and when necessary, the President) about status of ongoing client account work, including ensuring they are amply informed prior to client calls/meetings
- Provide support to the President, Executive Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents in managing issues/crises. This includes drafting communications materials addressing the issues/crisis and potentially managing junior staff on media/social media monitoring.
- Agency and Staff Development/Management
- Regularly assess account staffing needs and share input with the Senior Management Team
- Mentor junior staff by providing candid, timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Contribute to employee reviews by providing ideas and observations surrounding areas of strength and areas of improvement
- Proactively and professionally surface to the Senior Management Team any performance issues pertaining to Senior Associates, Associates, Account Coordinators and InternsContribute to a positive workplace by identifying ways to recognize the staff outside of formal promotions/pay raises
- Help to identify quality candidates for employment at the firm
- Ensure monthly client invoices are completed accurately and on time. Review all team invoices for accuracy.
New Business Development
- Draft new business proposals and presentation and/or contribute to the development of such proposals and presentations, including directing research, contributing to or developing strategy and tactics, determining proposed budgets, and helping to ensure the ultimate quality of the recommendations/proposal
- Frequently participate in/present during formal new business pitches
- As possible, independently identify and proactively pursue new business leads on behalf of the firm. This includes identifying opportunities and securing an invitation to present the firm’s capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 5-7 years' relevant experience with substantial agency experience and demonstrated expertise in media relations, account and people management, and strategic planning and writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple accounts simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to schedule work and balance priorities for the efficient flow and management of account work
We offer a robust benefits package, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical PPO with an HRA; 401(k); generous PTO; FSA for medical, dependent care and parking/transit; employer-paid Lifestyle Spending Account (LSA) for wellness and employer-provided funds for medical FSA; Employer Assistance Program (EAP); Life and AD&D insurance including voluntary additional coverage available; professional development planning and support; and more.