Digital Communications Coordinator
The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (Reporters Committee) provides pro bono legal representation, amicus curiae support, and other legal resources to protect First Amendment freedoms and the newsgathering rights of journalists. The Reporters Committee serves news organizations, reporters, editors, documentary filmmakers, media lawyers, and many more who use its online resources.
The Digital Communications Coordinator at the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press is a creative, detail-oriented, and dependable person who implements our digital strategy and manages our online engagement across platforms.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will handle the day-to-day development and delivery of content on digital platforms, including email, social media, digital marketing platforms (paid advertising), and website. This position involves writing regularly about the Reporters Committee’s legal work and impact, including content for the website, social media, and email.
The Digital Communications Coordinator is an integral position within a vibrant communications team and has primary responsibility for online activities that support a range of communications goals. This position reports directly to the Communications Director and will work very closely with the Editorial Manager and other staff in the Communications department, as well as colleagues throughout the organization.
This position is full-time. The Digital Communications Coordinator may work remotely. Candidates must be currently authorized and eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
- Implement comprehensive and strategic digital engagement, social media marketing, and engagement programs across all digital channels, from social media to web and email.
- Analyze and grow engagement with the Reporters Committee’s online resources, including the website, and its social media channels.
- Serve as the daily steward of the organization’s social media profiles, primarily Twitter and LinkedIn, but also including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, and monitor the performance of posts to ensure best practices are being maintained.
- Write, edit, schedule, and post creative organic content, including social media graphics.
- Provide input on and create future approaches to social media campaign plans and strategy.
- Work collaboratively across organizational departments to monitor and maintain consistent brand identity and organizational voice across properties, events, and teams.
- Manage website SEO.
- Collaborate with Development staff and managers to develop and distribute fundraising content.
- Track and report engagement analytics.
- Build relationships throughout the organization, partnering with various departments to help translate their goals into actionable and strategic digital engagement campaigns.
The successful applicant will have the following skills/experience:
- Minimum three years of related work experience.
- Deep understanding of digital and online best practices, including SEO, social media, and email marketing.
- Experience designing graphics for social media and email.
- Experience using the WordPress CMS.
- Intermediate-level understanding of SEO.
- Collaborative approach to work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Salesforce (specifically the Nonprofit Success Pack) and Pardot.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and creativity.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-based organizations.
Salary range for the role is $56,750-$60,000 depending on prior experience.
Our generous benefit package should also be considered. For all regular full-time positions, RCFP offers:
- A competitive base salary with 10 days vacation, 4 annual floating holidays, all federal holidays plus the day after Thanksgiving, and sick leave;
- A retirement savings plan, including a 5% employer contribution after 3 months of service;
- Comprehensive employer-paid insurance coverage, including medical, dental, and vision, life and accidental death, and disability;
- Ability to use pre-tax dollars for dependent care and commuting expenses.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references and a short writing sample by the priority deadline of June 6, 2023. Applications received after June 6 will be considered on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All RCFP employees must be fully vaccinated/boosted against COVID or present a satisfactory medical or religious/ethical/moral accommodation.
RCFP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RCFP are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RCFP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.