Installation Manager, Christmas Displays
- 805 E 139th St, The Bronx, NY 10454, USA
Rent-A-Christmas rents a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to commercial and residential customers. Our Elf Squad delivers & sets up all rentals at the beginning of the season, and comes back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the easiest way to decorate for the holidays.
The Installation Manager, Christmas Displays is primarily responsible for the successful and efficient installation of jobs, and managing junior and senior installers. The ideal candidate is a natural & engaging leader, resourceful, and possesses the ability to coach and direct junior and senior installers.
Installation Manager, Christmas Displays job responsibilities:
- Follow design plans as laid out by designers.
- Lead junior and senior installers to successful and efficient completion of the job.
- Assist with hiring, training, motivating and coaching employees.
- Create weekly schedules and secure the right installer(s) for a given job.
- Act as a primary resource for junior and senior installers.
- Engage with client and client’s teams when installing at client site.
- Assess employee performance and provide helpful feedback and training opportunities to the employee.
- Provide feedback to management about employee performance.
- Ensure employees follow company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Ensure proper labor tracking per company policy .
- Review and approve employee hours in advance of payroll processing.
- Ensure proper coverage of shifts.
- Minimize overtime by efficient scheduling.
- Discipline installers as necessary.
- Drive sprinter vans and 15’ box trucks as necessary.
- Provide installation feedback to senior management.
- Other tasks as commensurate with an Installation Manager role.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Possess extensive knowledge of Christmas decorating industry and/or visual merchandising
- Ability to carry up to 30-40 lbs up & down several flights of stairs
- Willing and able to work long hours as necessary
- Willing and able to work outside during fall and winter months for extended periods without issue
- Working knowledge of common tools such as hammer, staple gun and electric drill
- Ability to follow design plans
- Strong interpersonal skills, easily likable, and can work effortlessly as part of a team
- Coachable and can take direction from leadership
- Valid Driver’s license
- Comfortable working around children & pets, able to interact with the adults happily
- Willing and able to drive a sprinter van or 15' box truck.
- Send a resume (if you have one) along with a brief description of your experience, and why you feel your background is a great match for this position.
- Answer the screening questions in the application.
Your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.