- 805 E 139th St, The Bronx, NY 10454, USA
Rent-A-Christmas rents a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to New York City businesses, local residents & even those just visiting for the season. Our Elf Squad delivers & sets up all rentals at the beginning of the season, and comes back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the easiest way to decorate for the holidays.
We are looking for an organized Manager, Warehouse to supervise the receipt, dispatching and storage of products in our warehouse. The Manager, Warehouse will oversee picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, security, maintenance, sanitation and administrative functions. You will oversee, train, evaluate and reward staff. You will ensure the maintenance of company assets.
Manager, Warehouse job responsibilities:
- Oversee efficient receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Assist with hiring, training, motivating and coaching employees.
- Enforce set operational policies and procedures.
- Implement and oversee security operations.
- Ensure effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensure safety of staff.
- Motivate and discipline staff.
- Maintain documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of condition and location of fleet vehicles.
- Multitask effectively.
- Assist with deliveries where required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (at least some college preferred).
- 5 years warehouse experience.
- 2 years management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Valid drivers' license.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.
- Submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience can address the needs of this role.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.