Exterior Installer, Christmas Decorations
- 805 E 139th St, The Bronx, NY 10454, USA
Rent-A-Christmas rents a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to New York City businesses, local residents & even those just visiting for the season. Our Elf Squad delivers & sets up all rentals at the beginning of the season, and comes back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the easiest way to decorate for the holidays.
We are looking to hire an Exterior Installer, Christmas Decorations to join our team of installers.
Exterior Installer, Christmas Decorations job responsibilities:
- Install lighting on commercial and residential structures.
- Tree light wrapping.
- Securely hang large exterior wreaths and garland.
- Assemble large frame trees.
- Securely pack and unpack trucks and vans.
- Use creativity and ingenuity to solve problems and make adjustments on the fly.
- Advise Designers on product choices
- Drive sprinter vans or box trucks of varying sizes.
- Assist with similar tasks indoors as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess a/an:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter mentality.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisors.
- Ability to learn and follow established policies and procedures.
- Mindset for how things work and how things go together and come apart.
- Ability to read instructions and assemble things.
- Ability to lift heavy objects overhead.
- Complete comfort climbing and working on ladders.
- Knowledge of common constructions tools and practices.
- Knowledge of various methods of securing products to buildings such as zip ties, cable ties, etc.
- No fear of heights.
- Ability to operate various types of electric lifts safely and successfully.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended hours during fall and winter months without issue.
- Impressive organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
Pluses for this role:
- Familiarilty with rooflines and different clips and styles for hanging.
- Previous experience with temporary and removable structures.
- Previous experience installing Christmas decorations and lighting.
- Ability to find creative solutions without damaging client structures.
- Submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience can address the needs of this role.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.