Elf Squad (Christmas Decoration Installer & Santa's Helper)
- 462 7th Avenue, New York, NY, United States
Rent-A-Christmas rents a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to New York City businesses, local residents & even those just visiting for the season. Our Elf Squad delivers & sets up all rentals at the beginning of the season, and comes back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the easiest way to celebrate Christmas in NYC.
Being an Elf is one of the most fun holiday jobs in NYC. You will use company tools and resources to efficiently set up rented Christmas decorations in customers' homes or businesses and you will be a brand ambassador for the Rent-A-Christmas family.
Additionally, our Elves are the Christmas personalities at many local events. You will help Santa with photo opps, facilitate letter to Santa-writing activities, read holiday stories to kids, and pose for photos with the NYC community.
This is a great job for organized, cheery, energetic holiday-lovers looking to make some quick cash this winter. Especially great for creative people, performers, or those with improv/comedy experience. No performance background is required, however you should be comfortable starting conversations, being playful & working around children and business professionals alike.
- Ability to follow design plans and supervisor instructions without issue
- Strong interpersonal skills, easily likable, and can work effortlessly as part of a team
- Coach-ability, willing to take feedback and implement adjustments as needed
- Positive, "can-do" attitude
- Energetic, cheery personality
- Ability to carry up to 30-40 lbs up & down several flights of stairs
- Working knowledge of common tools such as hammer, staple gun and electric drill
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Reliable transportation to all parts of NYC (mainly Manhattan and select parts of Brooklyn and Queens), or knowledge of the city train systems/how to get around
- Comfortable with children & pets, able to interact with the public happily
THIS POSITION IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF THE NEW YORK CITY AREA.
- Send a resume (if you have one) along with a BRIEF description of your experience.
- Answer the screening questions in the application
- Let us know your elf name! You can use an online generator or get creative!
Your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.