Master Elf (Christmas Installation Manager)
- 462 7th Avenue, New York, NY, United States
Rent-A-Christmas rents a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to New York City businesses, local residents & even those just visiting for the season. Our Elf Squad delivers & sets up all rentals at the beginning of the season, and comes back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the easiest way to celebrate Christmas in NYC.
The Master Elf is the head elf! You have to make sure all the toys get made by Christmas!
In all seriousness, the Master Elf is a natural & engaging leader able to coach and direct the Elf Squad when they're on location installing decor & representing the brand. As a Master Elf, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful and satisfactory delivery of each customer's Christmas order.
You will be given the keys to the sleigh, either figuratively or literally, which you will use to direct the efficient, neat and merry set up of rented Christmas decorations. You follow all company policies and guidelines for interacting with customers. Lastly and most importantly, you are a brand ambassador for Rent-A-Christmas in all interactions and by wearing the Rent-A-Christmas Elf uniform at all times while on the job.
Additionally, our Elves (Master & Elf Squad) are the Christmas personalities at many local events. You will direct Santa's photo opps, facilitate letter to Santa-writing activities, oversee readings of holiday stories to kids, and pose for photos with the NYC community.
This is a great job for organized, cheery, energetic holiday-lovers looking to make some quick cash this winter. Especially great for creative people, performers, or those with improv/comedy experience. No performance background is required, however you should be comfortable starting conversations, being playful & working around children and business professionals alike.
What's in it for you:
- A great way to earn some cash for the holiday season
- An opportunity to be part of something truly magical and unique
- Infectiously positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Ability to carry up to 30-40 lbs up & down several flights of stairs
- Working knowledge of common tools such as hammer, staple gun and electric drill
- Shared aesthetic for the Rent-A-Christmas decorating vision
- You posses strong interpersonal skills, are easily likable, and can work effortlessly work as part of a team
- You are coachable and can take direction from executive leadership
- You live in New York City
- Reliable transportation to all parts of NYC (mainly Manhattan and select parts of Brooklyn and Queens), or knowledge of the city train systems/how to get around
- Comfortable with children & pets, able to interact with the public happily
Please note, all applicants must pass a criminal record check and other screening tests as required by the company.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF THE NEW YORK CITY AREA.
- Send a resume (if you have one) along with a BRIEF description of your experience.
- Answer the screening questions in the application
- Let us know your elf name! You can use an online generator or get creative!
Your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.