Interior Commercial Designer
- 462 7th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA
Rent-A-Christmas has forever changed the way businesses and individuals decorate for Christmas in New York City. Rent-A-Christmas rents a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to New York City businesses, local residents & even those just visiting for the season. Our Rent-A-Christmas Elves deliver & setup all rentals at the beginning of the season, and come back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the easiest way to celebrate Christmas in NYC.
Under supervision of executive management, this position requires an experienced designer with a background in commercial interior design. You will work alongside executive management to create a consistent, repeatable and documented method for assessing customer needs and be responsible for the training, supervision and execution of your created method via your team of elves. You will lead visit client locations to understand their decorating vision and bring that vision to life via Rent-A-Christmas products. You have performed the duties of and possess the qualifications of the Commercial Designer (below) but enjoy effectively teaching and training your proven methods to others as well. You will work with and lead the team with positivity and be a resource to help your team overcome hurdles and win business. This role requires local travel and you will both attend and sometimes accompany other designers when meeting with our commercial clients to understand their vision and space and make recommendations that match their vision and budget. Each job will be unique and you will get to use your personality, experience and creativity to bring customer dreams to life.
- The ability to create concept boards and presentations as needed to convey design concepts
- The ability to space plan and specify product for interior and exterior spaces
- The werewithal to coordinate effectively with Warehouse and others to ensure product availability
- Exceptional listening skills
- Knowledge of New York City commercial building codes and ADA requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Polished presentation skills
- The ability to create presentation quality drawings
- The ability to prioritize effectively and work efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced customer service skills to diplomatically communicate with internal/external business partners and problem solve
- Effective follow-up and follow-through skills
- The ability to work independently, are self-starting, and energetic
- Mature decision making skills; good sense and sound judgment
- The ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- A Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related major
- Proficiency in AutoCad (or other 2D/3D modeling applications), Adobe Suite such as but not limited to Photoshop & Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite such as but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and other computer programs as directed by management
- A minimum of 3 years office/commercial interior design experience at an architectural/design firm or independent work
- A minimum of 1 year experience managing or leading a team of 2 or more employees
- A documented history of achieving or over-achieving company-set goals
- Reliable transportation/knowledge of city travel systems
- Submit your resume along with a brief description of your experience and how you feel that can address the needs of the role.
Your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.