Interior Commercial Designer
- 462 7th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA
Rent-A-Christmas is forever changing the way businesses and individuals decorate for Christmas in New York City. Rent-A-Christmas rent a variety of real and artificial Christmas trees, wreaths, garland & lights to New York City businesses, local residents & even those just visiting for the season. Our Rent-A-Christmas Elves deliver & setup your rental at the beginning of the season, and come back after the holidays to take down all rented decorations, making Rent-A-Christmas the hassle-free way to decorate for Christmas in NYC.
Under supervision of the Lead Commercial Designer and at times Executive Management, and working within a team setting, this position requires an experienced designer with a heavy background in commercial interior design. Your core focus as a Commercial Designer for Rent-A-Christmas is to work with clients to understand their decorating vision and bring that vision to life via Rent A Christmas products. You posses the ability to produce results efficiently, self-create design packages, create complete customer proposals, and conceptualize and manage entire design packages. You will meet with our commercial clients to understand their decorating vision and space and make recommendations that match their vision and budget. Each job will be unique and you will get to use your personality, experience and creativity to bring customer dreams to life.
- The ability to create concept boards and presentations as needed to convey design concepts
- The ability to space plan and specify product for interior and exterior spaces
- The werewithal to coordinate effectively with Warehouse and others to ensure product availability
- Exceptional listening skills
- Expert knowledge of New York City commercial building codes and ADA requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Polished presentation skills
- The ability to create presentation quality drawings
- The ability to prioritize effectively and work efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced customer service skills to diplomatically communicate with internal/external business partners and problem solve
- Effective follow-up and follow-through skills
- The ability to work independently, are self-starting, and energetic
- Mature decision making skills; good sense and sound judgment
- The ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- A Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related major from a CIDA accredited school
- Proficiency in AutoCad (or other 2D/3D modeling applications), Adobe Suite such as but not limited to Photoshop & Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite such as but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and other computer programs as directed by management
- Office/commercial interior design experience
- A minimum of 8 years experience at an architectural/design firm or independent work
- Reliable transportation
- Submit your resume along with brief a description of your experience and how you feel that will address the needs of the role.
Your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.