RenMo is a free, secure and convenient platform that allows Ghanaians to pay monthly for their rents.
Basically, you find your own rental unit and then let us know about it. RenMo will then partner with your future landlord to either pre-finance or negotiate with that landlord, allowing you to make repayments on a monthly basis.
Visit our website: https://www.renmohomes.com for more information
As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for curating the structure of server-side information. You will also primarily write server scripts and APIs to be utilized by front-side engineers and UX designers. The day-to-day consists of optimizing servers for speed and stability, implementing security structures, generating reusable code libraries, maintaining of the central database, and generating data storage solutions.
This is a fully remote role and requires you to be based in Accra for scheduled team meetups every once in a while.
This is a highly visible role requiring extensive knowledge of the web applications ecosystem. Along with clean, maintainable code, we are looking for this person to be a leader, a voice, and never shy away from learning something new or pushing the boundaries on what we can and should do.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with real life, production environments and systems
- Strong skills and knowledge in building production applications using LARAVEL/PHP, NODEJS, MySQL/MariaDB and AWS web-enabling technologies is a must.
- Knowledge in setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of GIT, efficient workflows and branching model.
- Professional working experience with project management tools like JIRA
- Highly Proficient in HTTP, Web services and developing RESTFUL APIs.
- Strong experience and ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge in managing production and staging database systems.
- Working knowledge in basic networking concepts and DNS management
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge
- Strong understanding of software development cycle
- Familiarity with a CMS like Wordpress is a plus
- Familiarity with front-end languages (HTML, CSS) is a plus but not required
Why you’ll love it here (seriously!):
Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on real people! Imagine helping a family to live in a decent home and paying just MONTHLY rent instead of coughing the whole 1-2 years’ worth of rent upfront. Real freedom!
You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, passionate, and supportive colleagues you can imagine. ( You can talk to any current Renmonite!)
As we grow, so will you! Renmo is fast-paced and challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development and great rewards as well
We offer extremely competitive remuneration salaries and stock options.
We’re growing quickly and this is an exciting role, one with great room for growth and impact. If you are driven by innovation, can see the bigger picture, and have a passion for excellence, then join the team of dedicated Renmonites solving one of the biggest challenges in Africa.