Campaign Manager- Our Oath, A project of The Renew Democracy Initiative
- 780 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Who we are:
The Renew Democracy Initiative (RDI) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving our constitutional democracy and ensuring that it protects the individual while promoting the community. Our endgame is a large-scale constituency that understands constitutional principles such as freedom of expression, due process, and rule of law and prioritizes them in their voting behavior. This, in turn, will result in a government that resists radicalism and corruption while championing our civil liberties.
American society is deeply divided. There are many Americans who no longer believe in the integrity of our leaders and system of government. Trust in political, governmental, and civil society institutions is weaker than it has been in decades, and the divisive language of our politicians and elected leaders is exacerbating societal divisions. What we’re seeing today in America threatens to undermine the social fabric of our communities as well as the foundation of our democratic and free market system.
Despite the challenges facing our nation, we believe that it is possible to change the course of our trajectory as a society.
We believe that there is a role for business and civil society leaders in partnership with private citizens to:
- Articulate why integrity, civility, and critical thinking matter;
- Hold our politicians accountable for putting nation and democracy above party;
- Reinforce the importance of truth and facts even while leaving room for differences of opinion;
- Speak in support of the democratic values that make us great, including freedom of speech, a free press, our free market economic system, and the rule of law; and
- Remind Americans that there is far more that unites us than divides us.
Our Oath’s strategy is to:
- Build a non-partisan Statement of Principles and Values that embraces civility, integrity, and the rule of law and serves as the centerpiece of a national movement in defense of American values. Ordinary citizens will be encouraged to sign on to the statement of values and demand that our politicians and elected officials agree and commit to them;
- Encourage and articulate the importance of integrity, honesty, and transparency in public service, civil society, and business;
- Highlight the unifying themes of American society, even while acknowledging our challenges;
- Embolden social cohesion by reflecting on the great American story and reminding us of our nation’s greatest attributes including our democratic free market system, freedom of speech and religion, economic opportunity, and equality; and
- Launch a nonpartisan movement for Americans to declare themselves in support of “American Values” as outlined in the statement of principles and values;
- Build a movement of citizens that believe in what is great about the American democratic system and are committed to sustaining and protecting it as a priority in their civic behavior.
We are looking for a seasoned campaign professional to lead Our Oath’s nonpartisan movement to rally America around our founding principles. We seek someone who will be responsible for planning and overseeing all aspects of the campaign organization, urging citizens to elect public officials who espouse these principles with the utmost honesty and integrity. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Build a broad, effective grassroots movement and execute at the national and local level;
- Lead the research, design, launch, and operation of the project;
- Work closely with a variety of external communications partners, including campaign strategists and PR/digital experts, to determine how best to reach our target audiences both nationally and locally in key states;
- Solicit feedback on Our Oath from local community leaders;
- Develop clear calls to action for both local leaders and the general public and mobilize local citizens to sign Our Oath
- Build a world class campaign team; and
- Ensure that the “Our Oath” movement operates with excellence and integrity.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for democratic principles;
- Ten or more years of political organizing/campaign management experience, ideally at the national or state level overseeing polling, research, staff and paid media;
- Prior experience hiring and managing a staff, including remote employees;
- An exceptional academic record with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills;
- An uncommonly strong attention to detail, an ability to operate in ambiguous and unpredictable environments, and the capacity to bring together countless moving parts as well as both internal and external stakeholders into a single coherent whole;
- Prior experience managing significant (seven figure+) budgets.
What the Renew Democracy Initiative offers:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan with organizational matching
- Flexible work schedule, including the opportunity to work from home when possible
- An opportunity to work with our board of directors and extended network
- Most importantly, a chance to be part of a mission-driven organization and team that is dedicated to changing the world for the better.
Please upload your resume and a brief cover letter under the "attach resume" option. Only complete applications will be reviewed. The Renew Democracy Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.