Content Specialist, Financial Literacy
At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We have won numerous awards including EdTech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. Recently, we were acquired by Renaissance to support the shared mission of accelerating learning for all. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We've adopted a remote-first culture, and our diverse team is based across the US.
Do you have a deep understanding of financial literacy? Do you enjoy diving into the standards and developing digital learning experiences for students to move through grade-level content? Nearpod is looking for a financial literacy specialist who can connect the power of digital learning and financial literacy instruction. This is a temporary position. As a financial literacy specialist, you will use your subject matter expertise to support content development for 6-12 financial literacy as part of our 21st Century Readiness Program. This role is crucial to ensuring we are crafting financial literacy content that aligns to market trends and to the needs of teachers, students, schools, and districts.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about financial literacy education and instructional experience in US classrooms
- Has a strong understanding of pedagogy and instructional design
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of national and state standards and financial literacy initiatives and trends
- Former instructional design experience with an edtech company or at a district level
- Strong preference for experience with high school grades
- Uses technology to build significant and effective digital learning experiences
- Approaches education through an equity lens and through culturally-responsive instruction practices
- Takes a creative approach to curriculum and content development, crafting engaging, effective, and inclusive content for all learners
- Meticulous and values high-quality work
- Trusted for follow-through, efficiency, and adherence to target dates
- Enjoys working on multiple projects and collaborating with a team committed to encouraging junior learners and educators
We are seeking a hardworking, self-motivated candidate to perform the following functions:
- Support the development of financial literacy 6-12 content, including defining the organization of content and the approach and scope for individual resources, lessons, and activities
- Develop exemplar content to meet the direction and vision of the project
- Build and optimize engaging ready-to-use lessons and activities, evaluating and revising existing content where needed to meet the vision of the project
- Review lessons and activities and provide suggestions to writers to help improve instructional design, learning experience, and subject matter knowledge and skill
- Apply mentorship and support to other content teams/projects in the development of financial literacy resources or understanding of financial literacy initiatives and standards
- Deliver projects on time and within scope
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as a financial literacy subject matter expert and/or curriculum designer
- Previous experience with creating standards-aligned curriculum resources at scale; preferably at a district level or for an ed tech company focused in the area of middle or high school financial literacy
- Empathy and effective communication and collaboration skills
- A love of learning and a growth mindset
- Adaptable to constantly evolving initiatives
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Google Suite, specifically sheets and slides
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the US without restrictions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $30/hr
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, underrepresented individuals, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need for the future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/