Account Manager II
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The Account Manager II is responsible for managing and selling Renaissance Learning’s products and services, with a focus on Practice and Instruction, within assigned territory, and achievement of revenue goals through prospecting, new business, customer renewals, cross-sell, and up-sell opportunities.
You will be responsible for cultivation and long-term development of customer relationships, maintaining high product renewal rates, and strong relationships and collaboration with internal partners. Works with Customer Success partners and members of the Account Executive team as appropriate to meet and achieve goals. Works with regular coaching and supervision while solving customer challenges, bringing to bear the full range of Renaissance Learning resources. Operates as the primary account contact for customers, increasing customer loyalty and retention while driving business value and expansion. Accurately forecast opportunity outcomes to advise company forecasting. This role requires regular travel as needed for customer engagements, conferences, and other revenue-generating activities.
Key sales functions of the Account Manager II:
- Prospecting & generating new business
- Securing customer renewals
- Cross-selling and up-selling
- Building and cultivating customer relationships
- Consultative selling to solve customer challenges by strategizing comprehensive solutions
- Forecasting opportunity outcomes
- Strategic account planning and execution for territory growth
What you’ll get as an Account Manager II:
- Base salary plus variable compensation by meeting sales objectives
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
As an Account Manager II, you will be responsible for these crucial functions and activities:
Industry & Product Knowledge
- K-12 Education Acuity: Possesses a deep knowledge of the K-12 education space including public, private, and parochial schools. Strong understanding of K-12 districts and school administrative roles, funding, purchasing process, buying cycles, policies, practices, trends, and school board oversight. Knows customer workflows, contacts, and how they integrate into decision-making processes.
- Domain Expertise: Possess strong technical knowledge of common tools and trends in ed tech space; staying current on probable future state policies, practices, and information affecting customer businesses. Knows the competition and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Credibility: Builds rapport based on factual accuracy, expertise across offerings, delivering on expectations and proactively providing market insights that inspire customers to think of Renaissance as a partner.
- Managing Opportunities
- Consultative Solution Selling
- Closing Business
- Establishing Value
Account and Customer Management
- Customer-First Focus
- Skilled negotiator
- Consultative Partner
- Executive Presence
- Strategic Account Planning
- Organization and Planning, including budgeting
- Internal Partnering
- Influential Collaboration
Account Manager II Requirements & Qualifications
- Demonstrated consistent success against assigned goals selling educational software (5+ years)
- Ability to manage full-cycle opportunities using CRM and other sales technology (e.g. Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- Extensive experience working on a regular basis with district administrators and executives
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and policy for assigned territory (state and federal)
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Significant experience selling educational practice and instruction products (3+ years)
- Solid understanding of educational market with targeted focus on practice and instruction tools preferred
- Demonstrated experience creatively problem solving with little structure or historical analogues to work from
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- $61,800 - 92,700. This range is not including significant variable compensation and is based on national market data. The range may vary by experience and cost of living. (We may hire at an AM III level, for example.)
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.