Senior UX Researcher
- Home Office, Remote, Nationwide, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The Senior UX Researcher brings this mission to life by building emotional intelligence for students and educators throughout the product lifecycle. The Researcher will work closely with UX Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers, and Engineers to discover opportunities for future products and test designs for product optimization. Teams will rely on the Sr. UX Researcher to translate research insights into powerful stories that influences the product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will:
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies for generating needed insights at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Act as a strategic thought partner and provide expert mentorship in conducting and synthesizing qualitative research projects. This includes in-person moderated testing, remote moderated and un-moderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, and ethnographies.
- Performs synthesis and analysis of research findings. Proactively analyzes the insights from research sessions to identify key opportunities.
- Deliver findings to the team with a compelling, influential story
- Works collaboratively and communicate optimally with peers and managers
- Assist in mentoring other researchers
For this role, you must have:
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience conducting user research OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of creativity and problem solving
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the education field
- Experience conducting user research with children
- Bilingual in Spanish
Salary Range: $95,000 - $125,000k (with a 4% bonus)
- This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!