Sr. Manager - Website Operations
- home office, Chicago, IL, us
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
As an integral part of the Marketing Operations team, you’ll provide technical leadership working closely with multi-functional teams such as Marketing, Product, Sales, Research, and IS to develop the best possible front-end web pages while maintaining high standards of quality and performance.
As the Sr. Manager for the website, you are responsible for all aspects of the corporate website, including analytics, user experience, and performance. You’ll need a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, and fantastic content creation and communication skills. You must have a solid grasp of Content Management Systems (CMS), website analytics and reporting, and modern web standards.
In this role, you will:
- Lead ongoing upgrades and improvements to the organization’s website.
- Manage and develop a high functioning team of individuals, including web designers and developers.
- Manage, plan, and coordinate website activities related to integrations and acquisitions as necessary.
- Collaborate proactively with multi-functional groups to assess requirements, identify appropriate resources to meet objectives, and manage implementation of web services.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets brand standards.
- Develop and implement successful strategies for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click (PPC).
- Build strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Lead efforts to keep the website’s content current and relevant.
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Marketing, Business, or related qualification.
3 years of work experience as a Website Manager OR equivalent combination of experience and education
Expert knowledge of website development process – from idea concept through implementation.
Expert knowledge of Adobe suite, Content Management Systems (Wordpress), and W3C Web standards.
Knowledge and experience with WCAG guidelines
Proficient understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Per Click (PPC).
Experience managing a development and design team as well as technology vendors.
Solid understanding of the modern web environment – webservers and caching, reasonable knowledge of server-side development including PHP and database development, and the management of hosting infrastructure.
Bonus points for:
Ability to solve website issues in a fast-paced environment.
Good technical, interpersonal and communications skills.
Excellent content creation and writing skills.
Fantastic time leadership skills with the ability to multi-task.
Experience with Marketo.
Global web management experience.
· Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
· Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
· Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
· Vacation Time Off
· 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
· Commuter benefits
· Wellness Incentives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!