Site Reliability Engineer II
- Remote Office, Home Office, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer II with a focus on Application and Infrastructure Availability, Reliability, Security & Performance. We are at the crossroads of evolving our current team and looking for someone who has been involved in the SRE implementation journey. You are a problem solver, self-motivated, great at communication, values teamwork, and have a passion for SRE principles. You will be reporting directly to the Director of DevOps.
In this role, you will work with engineering, cloudops & security teams to:
Improve observability, reliability, resiliency of our systems, to minimize or prevent downtime.
Provides guidance on AWS Infrastructure setup.
Help the Renaissance Security Team to identify risks and mitigate them
Build automation where possible to enable engineers with self-service capabilities.
For this role, you must have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience focused on SRE.
- Experience in managing & monitoring containerized cloud environments in production.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Orchestration Tools like Terraform/Docker/Ansible.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus points for experience with:
- AWS ECS, Fargate, Lambda, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, IAM, S3, RDS, EC2, and VPC.
- Monitoring, Logging, Alerting & Observability tools like NewRelic, CloudWatch, PagerDuty.
- .NET Core.
- Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy.
- CI/CD pipelines.
- Feature flags.
- Chaos Engineering/Experiments.
- Blameless Incident Postmortems.
- Git and related best practices (branching/merging/rebasing).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range - $72,000 – $119,800 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
Renaissance is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for our employees and customers. To uphold this commitment, Renaissance requires all employees to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless an individual has been granted an exemption as an accommodation due to a disability or for religious reasons.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.